RE: Cingular Wireless - OT

To: "Mg List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cingular Wireless - OT
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:14:42 -0700
Unfortunately, I'm not too "hip" on what GSM is. I currently use Verizon
(tri-mode) because I need a US nationwide plan, no roaming, so I can
maintain contact during most of my travels. However, I may be heading to
London next week and it will not work there. Verizon offers a temporary
international phone though. I'm still pondering that option.

And dead spots - here in the west, we have some pretty remote areas where I
have no signal at all for large areas. Would GSM do any better? In
particular I have no cell phone signal for most of Northwest South Dakota
(100 mile + stretch), about a 50 mile stretch around Wall, SD, and also
almost all of the Arizona Strip (northwest Arizona with a weak unusable
signal at the south rim of the Grand Canyon, nothing at the North Rim north
to Utah). And those are just the flat lands.

And yes, a cell phone is no substitute for a good set of tools.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B