Re: SU Carb identification

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb identification
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 13:56:59 EST
Paul,
I really like your website, your car, and what you are trying to do with
it...way cool!  My observations about the SU HS6 carbs on eBay are as follows:

First, those look like 2 of the same SU carb to me, simply arranged to show
the 2 different sides in one picture. (However, it IS eBay: Let the buyer
Beware!)

Second, HS6 "Special Tuning" conversion kit's are available from Victoria
British and Moss, so this seems like a reasonable upgrade for your car.

Third, since these upgrade kits are still available, I would think you would
be able to still buy the necessary linkage parts to connect the two carbs.

Fourth: Anecdotal evidence from the list seems to point to SU carbs being the
best (ease of installation + cost) option for a performance increase on the
MGB.

Fifth: Good luck and keep us posted.
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/11/2004 6:53:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:
> > and they don't
> > have any linkage.

Can't I just reuse the linkage from my HS4's?

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit