Re: SU Carb identification

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb identification
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:53:45 EST
In a message dated 13/03/2004 2:35:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

> Perched on top of this engine was a pair of enormous Carter
> AFB carbs, ganged together to open in unison.  Now, this being a street
> machine, I asked if that wasn't an awful lot of carburetion for such an
> application.

I see the Sixpack set-up that came on some Chryslers (I have one on one of my
Jensens - 1200 cfm) buggered about all the time by people without a clue. The
ONLY way they will work is with vacuum actuation, but these idiots convert
them to mechanical so when they put their foot to the floor, the carbs open all
the way and the engine goes 'Whaugh..." wondering what hit it - can you say
"flat spot the size of Antarctica"?

Takes all kinds!

Bill
(working on his Lambo today - connected the battery to drive it and the horn
started honking - and I don't have a wiring diagram, and the damned Italians
seem to have got a great deal on a job lot of black wire, and.........)