Re: Petrol pricing - plain and simple!

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, "Rick Lindsay"
Subject: Re: Petrol pricing - plain and simple!
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:35:05 -0500
I wrote,

> Americans have SOOOO much of just about
> everything...

Then Paul wrote,

> Who has so much of everything?  You?  Forgive
> me Rick, but you apparently own a Ferrari AND a
> Corvette AND a Suburban AND an MG (and who
> knows what else).  You're not really the
> average American.

Yep.  I have a Ferrari that I bought for $20k,
a Corvette that I paid $6500 for, a five year old
Suburban Soccer hauler and a British toy.  Let's
see; Yes, that's almost $45k in cars!  But wait.
Looked at what's in the driveways of America
lately?  That's about what many average Joes
spend for two family cars (or one if they buy
Lexus).  Only difference is, my 5-25 year old
cars are now paid for.
I also have lived in Siberia and on the island
of Bornio.  Anyone who says that Americans suffer
and are 'have-nots' has never seen the real world.
THAT was the point of my original thesis.

Obviously this conversation has gone places
where it should not have gone.  I grew up on a
pitiful tobacco farm in northern Kentucky.  I know
what it took to rise to MIDDLE class: Education
and hard work.  I also know when to shut up and
let others talk.  (Don't ya just hate election
years?!)

It's been nice.  I don't need to be here.

rick