Re: Tonneau cover stretching

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover stretching
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:47:06 -0400
As I mentioned a few days ago, if you have a shrunken top or tonneau, heat
it up out doors in the hot sun for an hour or so, then fit the thing onto
the car. If you want to have it keep its stretched size allow it to cool by
keeping it fastened to the car over night. The only way it will shrink again
is if it's allowed to get damp while not fastened to the car. If this
happens it's simply a matter of restretching it as per above.
You don't need to add strips onto it to allow it to fit if you follow the
heat and stretch procedure.
All the above is assuming the item hasn't reached the stage of deterioration
where rot has set in. I'm speaking of simply a shrunken top or tonneau that
is otherwise in good condition.
Rich Chrysler