[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Need Help With Water Leak(s)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Need Help With Water Leak(s)
From: "Eric J Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:23:50 -0400
----- Original Message ----- 
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:12:00 -0400
> From: "Christian, Skip" <>
> Subject: Need Help With Water Leak(s)

> I have a '74 B.  Every time I drive through the rain or wash the car, I 
> end
> up with puddles in the middle of the rubber floor mats.

> Anyone seen this before and have a fix ??

Probably a blocked drain tube for the interior air intake. You can fish a 
soft wire (I use 12-14 gauge copper wire) down from above. Look inside the 
air box below the small chrome grill just in front of the windscreen. There 
is a drain tube on the right side.

Alternatively, you can raise the car up and find the lower end of the tube 
above the front of the gearbox. It should have a bulb with a slit. If there 
is water inthe air box or drain tube, you get a face full when you find it 
and clear the drain.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

Check out the new British Cars Forum:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>