Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.
From: Steve Morris <MGA@MorrisGarage.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:53:09 -0500
On 11/18/04 1:41 PM, "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com> wrote:

> Sear/Craftsman has a very loyal consumer base(how many of
> us are Craftsman Club members ?) If they are smart, they
> will not mess with it.  I hope that the new owner does't
> try to "improve" things and start to take out the quality
> in the tools to bump up the profit margains.

That might change to Kraftsman Klub. :)

Lots of changes in the tool industry, and hopefully the big $ guys remember
where their reputation is. Not only with the Sears deal, but also with Delta
and Porter/Cable recently being sold to Black and Decker, and Milwaukee
being sold to TTI (Ryobi's parent company). Strange business...

For a vaguely LBC connection, our own James Nazarian worked at the Sears
Hardware store just a couple miles down the road from me, driving the GT
rain or snow!

--
Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black