Lucas in the Spring

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas in the Spring
From: "Dave Ciaccio" <djc53052@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:31:14 -0500
I just finished up getting the MGB ready for the driving season. Two left over
Lucas items from last season I would like to get solved:

1.  Very slight glow to alternator warning light when headlights are on.
Battery did not seem to run down last year. Turn signals, wipers, etc. all
seem strong even when headlights are on. Newer battery.

2.  Turn the ignition key to on-nothing/completely dead. Turn the ignition key
off and then to on-nothing again. Turn the ignition key off and then to
on-starts right up. This may or may not happen. Intermittent. All grounds are
clean and tight that I can find. Wiring to solenoid is all clean and tight.
Thinking relay problem?

Any help on the above would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Dave Ciaccio
'74 MGB
'73 Jensen Healey