Re: Rear axle

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Rear axle
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:58:31 -0400
Max,
   Take a look at illustration Ha.1 in the workshop manual.  That's the
bizzare stretcher rig.  The Salisbury axles have deep holes in the
casting, into which the bolt&nut you see in the middle of the beams fit.
 Looks like a tool left over from the Inquisition, doesn't it?
Bob

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:05:11 -0700 Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
writes:
> I've never done this job (I have a banjo), but I'm gathering that the
> lack of 1/100th of an inch of space requires using a spreader tool?
Heck,