Re: Fuel Prices

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Prices
From: bill <bilking@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:48:35 -0400
Max Heim wrote:

> but what galls me about it is that
>the price increases go to paying the chairman of Exxon $120,000 A DAY (you
>can look it up) rather than to the government for desperately required
>highway maintenance, if nothing else.
>
>[end of rant]

Max, I believe the 120,000  a day is coincidentally also the daily
contribution to his retirement package.  His annual salary was
$51,100,000 last year, a mere pittance compared to the $400,000,000
retirement package and he has to make that last for the rest of his
life.  But that is only 1% of Exxon's record profits last year so we
should all be happy for the man.  Of course a monkey could make that
profit when you are pumping oil for $5 a barrel and making $55 in profit
before refining and then reselling at another profit.

To me the most ironic part is that one or two of the OPEC nations behave
badly driving up the price of crude and therefore the national
treasuries of all the OPEC members.  Where is the incentive to be a
responsible member of the world community when this is the case?   I
expect Iran to ratchet up the tension as long as possible, they have no
reason not to.  A military strike on their nuclear (or 'nucular' if you
are the most powerful man in the world) is what they expect, like money
in the bank.  The tribe screwing with Shell in the delta in Nigeria will
continue to bomb and kidnap and what passes as a government in Nigeria
will do little to stop this practice as long as the oil flows.  Solomon
couldn't figure this mess out.

Bill