RE: Fuel Prices

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Prices
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:56:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu> wrote:

> Meanwhile, for perhaps the
> first time I can recall, we are finally not paying some of the
> higher
> prices in the nation (US). Petrol is running about $2.50/gal right
> now.

There are currently 70 government-mandated "botique" fuel markets
in the US.  You must be living in one of the lucky ones with a
production backlog.  The ones where consumption is overtaking
productions are feeling the worst of it.  Since fuel blends
cannot be moved between markets to accommodate spot shortages,
the gasoline market has become quite balkanized.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com