Re: OD-Transmission

To: "Ray Wygonik" <RWYGONIK@iup.edu>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD-Transmission
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:45:04 +0200
Hi there,

try to make your family understand never to back the car when they think the
overdrive is still engaged. I know that's normally not possible due to the
switch on the transmission, but I've heard of at least 2 switches which failed
in the closed state. That would disturb the overdrive (costly repair).

The transmission will go directly into third overdrive when upshifting with
the switch in the on position.

Some time ago I drew a circuit diagram for a dash light which warned the
driver that the overdrive is still engaged even if it should not be engaged,
i. e. when not in 3rd or 4th gear.

Anyone interested in the diagram should contact me off list and I will send
it.

Eric
www.brits-n-pieces.com

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----