Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger

To: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:43:01 +0100
Needing 'a good charge' can indeed be a factor, but more so with Alternators
which generally charge at a lower voltage than dynamos - 14.7v max as
opposed to 15.5v max.  Some time ago I read that Mercedes were having to
select alternator voltage regulators for ones with a voltage at the higher
end of the range, as the ones at the lower end weren't putting enough
capacity back into the battery if it got discharged somewhat.

PaulH.