Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:52:17 -0600
And now, after finally getting the digest and reading everyone else's
posts, I have to agree with Max. Rebuilding an engine you have definite
measurements you can go by and the engine will work fine even if you're
blueprinting it. Putting a top on ... there's a lot that you don't know
about how the fabric will react to weather. And no one can really give
you facts and figures.

I got lucky on my first one. Then my second one came up.

The third time I made sure I had a guy who'd done a buttload of them
with me. It's amazing what friendship and a beer will buy these days.

But plain old contact cement is what you want if you want it. Like the
stuff you use for formica.

Glenn

--
Tragedy tomorrow, comedy tonight.