Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:12:20 -0600
  No one's "blaming" any thing, much less the installer.  Actually
Elizabeth Jones, the late Fisher Jones' widow,  installed my top.
Elizabeth has probably installed more tops than you and I have washed.
She's a professional at tops & upholstery, although she's not doing that
stuff any more.  When I said "we" it was more me handing her tools and
getting in the way while she applied the craftsmanship.

  Furthermore, some of us in clubs help install tops for other members
as club projects.  That's one way to learn how to do it.  It's not as if
some of us have never done it before.

  It's a fact of life, at least in this south central TX climate, that
vinyl tops expand and contract.   It was worse in El Paso, there the
temperature extremes are greater.  After I put my top up and wait a
while I can go back and get all the lift-the-dots fastened.  It relaxes
a bit after it's erected, y'see.

  CR