Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.

To: "Clayton Kirkwood" <crk@godblessthe.us>, <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Tops, hoods.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:56:55 -0000
Never had a problem with shrink in the UK, just stretch, I had to redo mine
after a few years.  There are normally flaps on the underside of the
material for the rear bar, to be glued and/or sewn around it.  But I found
that positioned the bar behind the seam so I've got a cord each side which
pulls the rear bar into the correct position right under the seam.  If you
look at the earlier folding roof you will see that it had canvas straps for
precisely that reason.  Some tops come with the header rail already attached
i.e. a new one, but I'd rather attach it myself and get the correct tension,
common or garden spray glue with a bit of slip.  Don't know about the rear
bar, but most people will be replacing a top, not providing one from
scratch, so again it can come from the old top.

PaulH.