[Mgs] Seat Belts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Seat Belts
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 16:40:34 -0700
As much as I hate the government meddling in my life in certain ways,
I don't mind it when I am protected from corporate malfeasance such
as toxins in my food or pollution in the air I breathe.
Seat belt requirements, like motorcycle helmet laws, not only protect
the individual, they result in less of a burden on society in general
as there are less disabled people to deal with.  Same with cigarette
taxes and warning ads, but with tobacco there is some collateral damage.
However, when you can't even find playground equipment to buy because
of liability laws, the state has really gone too far.

At 03:16 PM 7/2/2011, The Roxter wrote:
>On 7/2/2011 4:41 PM, Murray Arundell wrote:
>>OK I'll open up a can of worms here..... why is it that Americans were so
>>opposed to mandatory wearing of seat belts?  European, Australians,
>>and pretty
>>well everyone else in the world just accepted it because it was
>>sensible......
>>
>>Murray Arundell
>>Brisbane Australia
>Sensible, yes. Within the proper purview of government, NO! Not
>wearing seatbelts does not endanger anybody else, only ones self.
>Americans tend to be opposed to meddling nannies telling us how to
>live, or at least we used to be.
>
>-Rocky Frisco
>--

Mgs@autox.team.net