Re: [Mgs] Off topic. Your mileage may vary. WAS Re: New MG Sports Car Co

To: Paul Root <ptroot@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Off topic. Your mileage may vary. WAS Re: New MG Sports Car Concept
From: Dan DiBiase <dan.dibiase@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:16:20 -0400
Cc: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGA-MGB <mg-mga-mgb@googlegroups.com>, Paul Noble <noblepa@hotmail.com>
References: <CABxEc+ksTrpcHsq61tmMoo0C-PS1WUG7pfAgwZh0Aa_aTDtYug@mail.gmail.com> <CAPxc_gEBqkR4x43TB=T98zw7FNExUjqwh4t5KMa42b=Tmumdmw@mail.gmail.com> <005301d72ae2$20cb7860$62626920$@planet.nl> <CAPxc_gGAqSwiNzRTNs9HxOj_9VKFdh+p4fAzWJkhpSrFQqqhcA@mail.gmail.com> <CABxEc+k9bf1_agtFiN_+hssb4gry+vo-0G7+Fwbed-c2HeCmHA@mail.gmail.com> <47161514E25A498CA43FA7B266A63A0B@paul> <MN2PR12MB315240817DEF75E6ECFBB4499D769@MN2PR12MB3152.namprd12.prod.outlook.com> <CABxEc+nxBjy6ZRBmYz-QevawgKF2vvFwKQqWL_6jSRjBvKiLgQ@mail.gmail.com> <84030283.397.1617734941670@mail.yahoo.com> <DM5PR2201MB1738ED5DE018012FC9DE30CAB4769@DM5PR2201MB1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com> <CAPxc_gF5zCgKH+QVdzHJ878Wt+v3758xh27u9MJRyb6=0yTsCQ@mail.gmail.com> <DM5PR2201MB173898DE95989A996B4CD855B4769@DM5PR2201MB1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com> <CAPxc_gGOPiibRiusLheh5AdHyCOq8Z6VhQkbsuUSjC+Kyu9Dgw@mail.gmail.com> <CABxEc+n4MP+10SOLqt46QmX0XQkWrfG_miC8iSVaFAc3gGBPLw@mail.gmail.com> <CAPxc_gEHp7tihwRtdf6jYGuKOC=jZJX6+GyRKwGkQiS26-UeDA@mail.gmail.com>
--===============8881939989801206029==

--000000000000572f1605bf56d940

Hi, Paul, yes the Model X is more - it's the larger C/SUV, based on the
Model S sedan.

I never thought to ask about a separate meter. I will have to do that. It's
going to be hard to figure out, with season variances, estimated readings,
etc. But since I started charging off peak, I thought maybe a breakdown of
electricity use by time of day (night) might help me do that.

The Model Y was the first with the heat pump. They have since retrofitted
it in new Model 3's, and also the new (refreshed) Model S/X. It should
significantly reduce battery loss due to heat usage.

Dan D
Central NJ USA
http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 6:34 PM Paul Root <ptroot@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> I have a 240v charger in my garage that cost $800 to install (mostly
>> because the electrician had to run the wire 45 ft from my panel to the
>> garage). It adds about 25 miles of range for every hour. I charge overnight
>> with off-peak rates (about half of peak rates). I've only had the car a
>> month so haven't gotten a bill yet to see how much it is actually costing
>> me. Travelling shouldn't be too difficult as Tesla has a Supercharger
>> network of charger that cover about 90% of the US - about every 120 miles
>> or so on the OInterstates, of plenty of locations off them as well. There
>> is one 10  minutes from my house. I charge to a max of 80% every night.
>> Tesla advises keeping the charge levels between 20% - 80% to prolong
>> battery life. When I do take a road trip, I will charge to 100% right
>> before I leave. Plenty of folks charge to 100% frequently and haven't
>> experienced much battery degradation over time. Most reports indicate that
>> charging in general is less expensive than buying gas.
>>
>> Maintenance - obviously, no oil changes. You also get much longer life
>> out of brakes as you rarely use them (regenerative braking from the
>> electric motors, which put energy back into the battery). No exhaust
>> system. No fuel pump. No ignition system. Etc. Tires, you might have to
>> replace more often - these are heavy vehicles. There are maintenance items
>> that need to be checked but they are the normal things - A/C service, cabin
>> air filters, brakes (rarely though). The battery is liquid cooled but there
>> isn't any maintenance schedule that I could find. Oh, and you have to put
>> windshield washer fluid in it...
>>
>> I covered a lot and this is probably too long a read - sorry. But just
>> wanted to lay out a few basics here, based on my personal experience to
>> date.. The Tesla community is a large one - they have over a million
>> vehicles on the road now - and growing larger every day. And every new EV
>> that is announced is a good thing. Tesla isn't going away. Most of the new
>> EV's that are coming out aren't targeted at Tesla but ICE vehicles. That's
>> where the real benefit will come from.
>>
>> Dan D
>> Central NJ USA
>> http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:31 PM Paul Root <ptroot@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The references I saw was 8 year 100k warranty for most of the US, 10
>>> year 150K for California.
>>>
>>> The closest apples to apples that I see would be the Ford Focus
>>> electric, or the VW Golf E-something.
>>>
>>> I think Telsa cost so much because they are luxury cars. Also, Telsa is
>>> really a software company, not a car company. I'm still not convinced they
>>> will make it as more car companies start building more electric cars.
>>> Reports I've seen, is that build quality for the Model 3, especially, is
>>> not great.
>>>
>>> I don't buy cars very often, If I buy 4 more cars (daily drivers) in my
>>> life, I would bet at least 2 will still have an engine.

o ask about a separate meter. I will have to do that. It&#39;s going to be =
hard to figure out, with season variances, estimated readings, etc. But sin=
ce I started charging off peak, I thought maybe a breakdown of electricity =
The Model Y was the first with the heat pump. They have since retrofitted i=
t in new Model 3&#39;s, and also the new (refreshed) Model S/X. It should s=
ss=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">=
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at =
6:34 PM Paul Root &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ptroot@gmail.com";>ptroot@gmail.com<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><=
div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Interesting stuff, thanks Dan. I didn&#39;t know price=
in Minnesota, actually, Xcel Energy, is that if you get a 240v charger put =
in, they put it on a separate meter, and you get big discounts, for chargin=
g off peak (maybe after midnight, I don&#39;t remember details).=C2=A0<div>=
tead of just using electricity to heat the cabin. That&#39;s something need=
ir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:13 PM Dan DiBiase =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dan.dibiase@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">dan.dibiase@=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">A lot to unpack with all of these messages.....=
ehicle, so guess I should chime in. If you like, you can check out my blog =
at=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://electricallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2021/04/tesla-=
model-y-one-month-report.html" target=3D"_blank">https://electricallyspeaki=
br></div><div>I have the Tesla Model Y, which is the latest model, being a =
CUV version of the Model 3 sedan (about 75% interchangeability). The versio=
n I have is the AWD Long Range. The only options I got was the color (Deep =
Metallic Blue) and a tow hitch (mainly for a bike rack). It was $53k out th=
e door (no sales tax in NJ for BEV&#39;s). If I had taken delivery in Decem=
ber of 2020, I could have gotten a $5k rebate from the state. If I waited u=
ntil after 7/1/21, there is a chance I could have gotten a $5k point-of-sal=
e discount from the state of NJ (funding still TBD). And there is talk of r=
enewing the $7500 Federal Tax Credit for all made-in-US BEV&#39;s, which wo=
uld include Tesla and Chevy (both of whom have sold over 200k electric vehi=
cles so they currently don&#39;t qualify).=C2=A0 I took delivery one month =
ago, because I wanted the car and was tired of waiting for=C2=A0&#39;maybes=
&#39; and &#39;what ifs&#39;. Saving the 6.625% sales tax was good enough f=
20k miles. The EPA rated range is 326 miles; real world is more like 280 - =
290 depending on conditions (speed, temperature, elevation changes, etc). T=
he entire battery is unlikely to go bad at once. Individual modules can be =
replaced (there are about 15 in my car). Elon Musk has estimated the cost a=
t about $5k to replace a module - that is today&#39;s cost. Battery replace=
iv><div>The Tesla replaced my 2014 Mazda CX-5 CUV, which had 147k miles on =
it. It still ran well but was getting to the point where stuff was going to=
 start going wrong and I have to be able to depend on my car. An electric c=
ar fits my needs perfectly. I&#39;m a realtor so generally drive locally on=
ly, have no daily commute and need a large enough space for signs and misc =
crap. I&#39;ve liked Teslas since the Roadster came out in 2008 and have ow=
 read my first blog post to see in detail why I wanted an electric car - I =
do think we need to do a better job reducing greenhouse gases individually =
and our energy system is going to become more renewables-based as the years=
 go by. Being a &#39;car guy&#39;, electric power is the next wave of techn=
ology and is here to stay - the Tesla is essentially a computer that also h=
appens to be a very capable=C2=A0car. And the acceleration is insane for a =
4500 lb vehicle. My model does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. The Performance version=
 of the MY is 4.2 secs. The new Model S Plaid will be under 2 seconds with =
400+ miles of range.... Pretty stellar numbers. for a sedan that can hold 5=
at cost $800 to install (mostly because the electrician had to run the wire=
 45 ft from my panel to the garage). It adds about 25 miles of range for ev=
ery hour. I charge overnight with off-peak rates (about half of peak rates)=
. I&#39;ve only had the car a month so haven&#39;t gotten a bill yet to see=
 how much it is actually costing me. Travelling shouldn&#39;t be too diffic=
ult as Tesla has a Supercharger network of charger that cover about 90% of =
the US - about every 120 miles or so on the OInterstates, of plenty of loca=
tions off them as well. There is one 10=C2=A0 minutes from my house. I char=
ge to a max of 80% every night. Tesla advises keeping the charge levels bet=
ween 20% - 80% to prolong battery life. When I do take a road trip, I will =
charge to 100% right before I leave. Plenty of folks charge to 100% frequen=
tly and haven&#39;t experienced much battery degradation over time. Most re=
ports indicate that charging in general is less expensive than buying gas.=
u also get much longer life out of brakes as you rarely use them (regenerat=
ive braking from the electric motors, which put energy back into the batter=
y). No exhaust system. No fuel pump. No ignition system. Etc. Tires, you mi=
ght have to replace more often - these are heavy vehicles. There are mainte=
nance items that need to be checked but they are the normal things - A/C se=
rvice, cabin air filters, brakes (rarely though). The battery is liquid coo=
led but there isn&#39;t any maintenance schedule that I could find. Oh, and=
I covered a lot and this is probably too long a read - sorry. But just want=
ed to lay out a few basics here,=C2=A0based on my personal experience to da=
te.. The Tesla community is a large one - they have over a million vehicles=
 on the road now - and growing larger every day. And every new EV that is a=
nnounced is a good thing. Tesla isn&#39;t going away. Most of the new EV&#3=
9;s that are coming out aren&#39;t targeted at Tesla but ICE vehicles. That=
=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/"; target=3D"_blank">htt=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 6,=
 2021 at 4:31 PM Paul Root &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ptroot@gmail.com"; target=
mail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204=
,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">The references I saw was 8 yea=
r 100k warranty=C2=A0for most of the US, 10 year 150K for California.=C2=A0=
iv>I think Telsa=C2=A0cost so much because they are luxury cars. Also, Tels=
a=C2=A0is really a software company, not a car company. I&#39;m still not c=
onvinced they will make it as more car companies start building more electr=
ic cars. Reports I&#39;ve seen,=C2=A0is that build quality for the Model 3,=
ars very often, If I buy 4 more cars (daily drivers) in my life, I would be=
gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 3=
:06 PM Paul Noble &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:noblepa@hotmail.com"; target=3D"_bla=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex">

t-size:12pt">
s a few years=C2=A0ago. Perhaps I was misinformed or perhaps the batteries =
have improved.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
ine and an electric car. No one has, to my knowledge, ever put a gasoline e=
ngine in a Tesla. And while there have been many conversions in the opposit=
e direction (replacing a gas engine
 with electric), these were not production vehicles. All the ones I&#39;ve =
seen have simply replaced the gas engine with an electric motor, while reta=
ining the transmission, clutch and differential. This is not optimal.=C2=A0=
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
a Civic and the hybrid version of the same car. IIRC, the gas version got a=
round 40 mpg, while the hybrid got 45. Given that the hybrid was over $3k m=
ore than the gas version, the payback
 period was many years.</span></div>
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660appendonsend"></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
Why does a Tesla cost so much? Who knows. It is almost certainly, in part, =
because it is electric. But there are other factors, as well. Compared to G=
M, Honda and Toyota, the Tesla is a pretty limited production vehicle. Seco=
ndly, it costs a LOT of money to
 start a car company from the ground up. Just ask Malcom Bricklin or John D=
eLorean. It may also be that Elon Musk made a conscious decision to positio=
n the Tesla in an upscale market for luxury cars. For some buyers, the high=
 price is not a hindrance, but the
 primary attraction.</div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
As far as EVs go, we&#39;re still in the early-adopter stage. As more and m=
ore vehicles become available, the economics will stabilize and the prices =
will come down.=C2=A0</div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
I&#39;m guessing that in twenty years, maybe less, EVs will be the norm. Ga=
s vehicles will be a niche product, sort of like vinyl records have become.=
 Right now, there are teething pains that must be overcome, and technical i=
mprovements that must be made, but all
 that will happen. One area that I suspect gas vehicles can never compete w=
ith electric vehicles is emissions. Gas cars will never reach zero emission=
s. EVs are already there.</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><f=
ont color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size:11pt"=
><b>From:</b> Paul Root &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ptroot@gmail.com"; target=3D"_=
blank">ptroot@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
<b>To:</b> Paul Noble &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:noblepa@hotmail.com"; target=3D"=
_blank">noblepa@hotmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:</b> mglist &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blan=
k">mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;; MG-MGA-MGB &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mg-mga-mgb@=
googlegroups.com" target=3D"_blank">mg-mga-mgb@googlegroups.com</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: Off topic. Your mileage may vary. WAS Re: [Mgs] New MG =
Sports Car Concept</font>
3 last year. He&#39;s done 2 2500 mile road trips, summer, and winter. And,=
 of course, has done youtube videos for them. Worth a look.=C2=A0
it on a google search says 100-150k and/or 8 years.</div>
ailto:noblepa@hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">noblepa@hotmail.com</a>&gt; wr=
ote:<br>
,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
t-size:12pt">
d cars.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
tic, both in mining it and disposing of it.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
est and densest way to transport energy. In most cases, a tank of gasoline =
will take a car farther than a fully charged battery will.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
heavier.</span></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
that you&#39;re lucky to get 50,000 miles on a set of batteries. Replacing =
them costs about $3-4k. That&#39;s one reason I wouldn&#39;t even consider =
a used Prius, unless the seller showed me receipts for
 a very recent battery replacement. A Prius (or Tesla for that matter) with=
out batteries is like a conventional car without an engine. It might be a g=
ood deal, but you have to factor in the cost of replacing the batteries or =
engine.</span></div>
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5appendonsend"></div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
Current (no pun intended) technology requires, I believe, a couple of hours=
, at least, to recharge a fully depleted set of batteries on a fully electr=
ic vehicle. That makes long trips a problem, if you have to stop every four=
 hours for a two hour recharge.
 They could probably speed up the charging process but that would require m=
uch higher voltages or current flow, both of which can be dangerous and cre=
ate heat dissipation problems.</div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
I&#39;ve heard stories that rescue workers have been injured when trying to=
 cut someone out of a crashed hybrid vehicle and accidentally cut through t=
he main battery cable. I know that first responders have been trained for t=
his now, but this remains a problem.</div>
t-size:12pt">
t-size:12pt">
Of course, there is a chicken/egg problem with public charging stations. No=
 one wants to spend a lot of money installing public charging stations unti=
l there are a lot of EVs to use them. Conversely, many buyers are reluctant=
 to buy an EV because there are
 not many public charging stations. That is why one of the features of the =
proposed infrastructure bill now being debated in Congress includes funding=
 to build charging stations.</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Calibri, sans-s=
erif" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> &#39;Paul C Resch&#39; via MG-M=
<b>To:</b> James Dillner &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spr1ng19@outlook.com"; target=
=3D"_blank">spr1ng19@outlook.com</a>&gt;; Dan DiBiase &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:dan.dibiase@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">dan.dibiase@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:</b> PaulBHunt73 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulbhunt73@gmail.com"; target=
=3D"_blank">paulbhunt73@gmail.com</a>&gt;; mglist &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs=
@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;; MG-MGA-MGB &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mg-mga-mgb@googlegroups.com"; target=3D"_blank">mg-mga-=
mgb@googlegroups.com</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Off topic. Your mileage may vary. WAS Re: [Mgs] New MG Spor=
ts Car Concept</font>
times,serif;font-size:16px">
ent but feel I am missing something.</div>
S. Turns out same guy Franz von Holzhausen designed both.=C2=A0 Pretty simi=
lar.</div>
y similar, tire usage and performance in real world use equivalent I did so=
me comparisons.=C2=A0 Stupid fast Tesla acceleration is as useless as the M=
asda6&#39;s 600 mile per tank range.=C2=A0 =C2=A0My bladder
 needs stops more frequently than 9 hours.</div>
got this from Tesla) would run $8,800.</div>
 - $65 oil changes the total is about $8,500.</div>
00 dollars ahead.=C2=A0 I am negating resale.=C2=A0 A 100,000 Mazda6 is nic=
ely broken in.. What&#39;s the $16.000 Tesla&#39;s battery life expectancy.=
=C2=A0 I just do not know.</div>
000 miles would be nearly impossible.</div>
 and charging non-existent.=C2=A0 One hotel out of 13 had charging stations=
.=C2=A0 Rapid charging hurts battery life.=C2=A0 Standing around for a half=
 hour a couple of times a day could get old.</div>
what will win.</div>
 a system much like an automated car wash, and come back in 5 minutes with =
a fresh battery.=C2=A0 Changed from below.</div>
teries.=C2=A0 Trucks might have more.</div>
needed packs would report to your car your assigned swap spot so A: you kne=
w you would have a battery ready and B: that there was no need to squeeze e=
very last drop out of yours.=C2=A0 You&#39;d pay
 a charge to belong to the system and what your battery had left. So if you=
 wanted to stop every 2 hours for a rest break, just swap the half used bat=
tery.</div>
r the same model to be built in order as the robots don&#39;t care.</div>
spigots is tough to see until many years from now.</div>
ent a car for trips, but the current model works for me.</div>
/2013-tesla-model-s-vs-1915-ford-model-t-race-of-the-centuries-feature/" re=
l=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">1915 Ford Model T vs. 2013 Tesla Model S: =
Race of the Centuries</a><br>
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydpf9e5fe71enhancr_card_8017187199" style=3D"max-width:400px;font-family=
:YahooSans,&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,&quot;Segoe UI&quot;,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif">
<a style=3D"text-decoration:none;color:rgb(0,0,0)" href=3D"https://www.cara=
nddriver.com/features/a15112705/2013-tesla-model-s-vs-1915-ford-model-t-rac=
e-of-the-centuries-feature/" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">
=3D"0">
<tbody>
e:solid;border-color:rgb(224,228,233);border-radius:2px" border=3D"0" cells=
pacing=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0">
<tbody>
ground-size:cover;border-radius:2px 2px 0px 0px;min-height:175px" bgcolor=
=3D"#000000">
">
<tbody>
2px 0px 0px;min-height:175px" bgcolor=3D"transparent">
<tbody>

</tbody>
</tbody>
-width:400px;border-radius:0px 0px 2px 2px;border-top:1px solid rgb(224,228=
,233)" border=3D"0" cellspacing=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0">
<tbody>
ertical-align:top;border-radius:0px 0px 0px 2px">
nt-family:YahooSans,&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,&quot;Segoe UI&quot;,Helveti=
ca,Arial,sans-serif;border-radius:0px 0px 2px">
<h2 style=3D"font-size:14px;line-height:19px;margin:0px 0px 6px;font-family=
:YahooSans,&quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;,&quot;Segoe UI&quot;,Helvetica,Arial,=
sans-serif;color:rgb(38,40,42);max-width:314px">
1915 Ford Model T vs. 2013 Tesla Model S: Race of the Centuries</h2>
7)">We stage a multi-state enduro to find out if today&#39;s automotive pio=
neer can outrun its predecessor.</p>
</tbody>
</tbody>
</tbody>
</a></div>
to:pcresch@yahoo.com" target=3D"_blank">
pcresch@yahoo.com</a> <a href=3D"mailto:resch@reschonline.com"; target=3D"_b=
lank">resch@reschonline.com</a></div>
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydp7f46dc1ayahoo_quoted_8717513317">
erif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(38,40,42)">
gt; wrote:
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydp7f46dc1ayiv7836723387">
ow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/</a></=
div>
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydp7f46dc1ayiv7836723387yqt18265">
=3D"mailto:spr1ng19@outlook.com"; rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"=
_blank">spr1ng19@outlook.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br clear=3D"none">
,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
This is a bit off topic, but did anyone see the pictures of the Tesla wreck=
 where the battery pack tore apart?=C2=A0 There were thousands of little su=
b-c cells.....batteries.....scattered all over the place.=C2=A0 Somehow I n=
ever dreamed that those power packs were made
 up of cells all linked together.=C2=A0<br clear=3D"none">
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydp7f46dc1ayiv7836723387gmail-m_1494527823292593023appendonsend">
;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
663231247595694235gmail-m_-3434465552149103660x_gmail-m_-699228765186596761=
5x_ydp7f46dc1ayiv7836723387gmail-m_1494527823292593023divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D=
"ltr">
t"><b>From:</b>
ct" target=3D"_blank">
mg-mga-mgb@googlegroups.com</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mg-mga-mgb@googlegrou=
ps.com" rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">mg-mga-mgb@google=
groups.com</a>&gt; on behalf of PaulBHunt73 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:paulbhunt=
73@gmail.com" rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">paulbhunt73=
@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br clear=3D"none">
<b>Cc:</b> mglist &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs@autox.team.net"; rel=3D"nofollow=
" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">mgs@autox.team.net</a>&gt;; MG-MGA-MGB &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:MG-MGA-MGB@googlegroups.com"; rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D=
"rect" target=3D"_blank">MG-MGA-MGB@googlegroups.com</a>&gt;<br clear=3D"no=
ne">
ever buying an EV based on the current range and recharging situation where=
 they are little more than toys for local journeys.=C2=A0 I</font><font siz=
e=3D"2">f=C2=A0I get to the point when I&#39;m still around and
 driving but=C2=A0run out of satisfactory used=C2=A0&#39;real&#39; cars=C2=
=A0to buy then I shall revert to using my V8 as a daily driver as I did bef=
ore.</font></div>
ing-right:0px;margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px">
-size:10pt;line-height:normal;font-family:arial">
----- Original Message ----- </div>
sed on my first month with my Tesla Model Y, I&#39;d absolutely consider an=
ything with an electric drivetrain from this point on. I don&#39;t plan to =
buy another internal combustion vehicle
 for my daily use.</div>
-- <br clear=3D"none">
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br clear=3D"none">
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to
 shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">
mg-mga-mgb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/47161514E25A498CA43FA7B266A63A0B%40paul?utm_medium=3D=
email&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter" rel=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_b=
lank">
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/47161514E25A498CA43FA7B266A63A=
0B%40paul</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
-- <br clear=3D"none">
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br clear=3D"none">
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to
 shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">
mg-mga-mgb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/MN2PR12MB315240817DEF75E6ECFBB4499D769%40MN2PR12MB315=
2.namprd12.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter" rel=
=3D"nofollow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/MN2PR12MB315240817DEF75E6ECFBB=
4499D769%40MN2PR12MB3152.namprd12.prod.outlook.com</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
-- <br clear=3D"none">
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br clear=3D"none">
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to
 shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">
mg-mga-mgb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/CABxEc%2BnxBjy6ZRBmYz-QevawgKF2vvFwKQqWL_6jSRjBvKiLgQ=
%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter" rel=3D"nofoll=
ow" shape=3D"rect" target=3D"_blank">
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/CABxEc%2BnxBjy6ZRBmYz-QevawgKF=
2vvFwKQqWL_6jSRjBvKiLgQ%40mail.gmail.com</a>.<br clear=3D"none">
-- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/84030283.397.1617734941670%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_mediu=
m=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter" target=3D"_blank">
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/84030283.397.1617734941670%40m=
ail.yahoo.com</a>.<br>
-- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/DM5PR2201MB1738ED5DE018012FC9DE30CAB4769%40DM5PR2201M=
B1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter"=
 target=3D"_blank">
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/DM5PR2201MB1738ED5DE018012FC9D=
E30CAB4769%40DM5PR2201MB1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com</a>.<br>

-- <br>
mail to <a href=3D"mailto:mg-mga-mgb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com"; target=
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/DM5PR2201MB173898DE95989A996B4CD855B4769%40DM5PR2201M=
B1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter"=
 target=3D"_blank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/DM5PR2201MB=
173898DE95989A996B4CD855B4769%40DM5PR2201MB1738.namprd22.prod.outlook.com</=
a>.<br>

-- <br>
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups &=
quot;MG-MGA-MGB&quot; group.<br>
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an e=
mail to <a href=3D"mailto:mg-mga-mgb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com"; target=
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href=3D"https://groups.google.c=
om/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/CAPxc_gGOPiibRiusLheh5AdHyCOq8Z6VhQkbsuUSjC%2BKyu9Dgw=
%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=3Demail&amp;utm_source=3Dfooter" target=3D"_bl=
ank">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mg-mga-mgb/CAPxc_gGOPiibRiusLheh5AdH=
yCOq8Z6VhQkbsuUSjC%2BKyu9Dgw%40mail.gmail.com</a>.<br>