Re: [Mgs] MGB rear brake questions

To: Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB rear brake questions
From: wkilleffer@epbfi.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 13:44:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

--=_bf974d19-6eda-4440-9c08-f9232d10967c

Thank you for your reply.=20
As far as the type of wheel cylinders, I don't recall that there was a choi=
ce as to whether they were for a GT or a roadster. The only choice was eith=
er Lockheed brand (maybe) for more $, or an aftermarket for less $. As far =
as I know, the back plates are original, but I've only owned the car for 20=
 years. Its engine is not original, so who knows what else could have been =
swapped.=20
Can you shed more light on the whole speed bleeder thing? And how do do ped=
al pumping bleeding when you're by yourself?=20
The fluid is making its way back to the wheel cylinder, so no lines are cri=
mped. But thanks to the poor fitment of the bleeder thing with the tool, I =
can't tell if the air bubbles are coming through the brake lines or are air=
 being drawn into the bleeder because the fitment isn't good.=20
Yes, I did the clutch system a couple or three years ago. It was a bit frus=
trating, but seems ok now.=20

Thank you,=20
-William=20