Tires

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: jblair@nhr.com (John T. Blair)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 18:19:00 -0400 (EDT)
Hay gang,

   Does anyone know what type and size tires came on the pre 69 Morgan 4/4's,
inparticular a 65 4/4.  I'm trying to get my car ready for a National AACA
meet.  Today the local chapter had a judging for cars.  They tore them apart.
The biggest hit I got was the fact that I had '69 vintage Vredenstine (sp)
radials on my car.

  Next problem, while driving the 35+ mi. to this get together, my front end
would come unglued at about 50mph.  This is the problem that started my
restoration back in 88.  I jacked the car up to put new springs (found out
I had the wrong one, I had +4 springs - they are a little shorter than the
ones for the 4/4), new shocks, dampener blades and bushings for the axles.
While doing this work I found a crack in the chassis, and thus began my 4
year oddessy.

  I want to get the front end aligned and the wheels ballanced, but I
don't know if that will fix it.  Unfortunately, I've never driven anyone
else's Morgan so I don't know how mine really stacks up.  Nor has any other
Morgan owner driven mine.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire