Summer Morgan Project

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer Morgan Project
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:28:30, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Well with the Morgan Driving season over here in Texas for the next two
months I thought I take a week off work and get The Dutchess (a Plus 4)
spruced up.  Shes got 162,000 miles on her  (130,000 since her
restoration in 1980) and I needs a little attention.
For the past three years I've driven her and only  fixed   what kept
her from running. Shes gotten a little shabby and some of my mistakes
on the original restoration are showing up.
The major problem is rust breaking through the left rear quarter panel
along the fender and  along the back panel under the 1/2 round trim.
The panel was new in 1980 and while I painted the underside of the
panel I never took any precautions to seal the crack between the metal
and wood.  On later cars which I restored,  I  always used  3 M drip
check on all the seams. Its' made to seal the old drip rails on cars
and holds up better than anything else I have found and is paintable.
If i had used it 16 years age I'd have next week free.

Anyway my plan is the remove the panel, fabricate and install  a new
panel. I'll probably respray the whole body  leaving the bonnet for a
future date.
   ( God how I hate sanding those louvers ).

Now you ask why am I telling you all this? Well One of the reasons she
hasn't been done before now  ( not counting the house remodeling, MGBGT
rolling restoration, and Drophead Coupes restoration) is that I haven't
wanted to take her off the road to do it . I guess I'd rather drive a
shabby Morgan  than talk about a 99 point restoration.  I also know  a
person starts out to fix one little thing and the car ends up sitting
in pieces for years . So I figure if I open my big mouth to the MOG -
list  I'll have to stay out of the pool and work on her.   You guy are
going to be my weight watchers group of sorts.     My plan is to start
Sunday put in at least eight hours each day, and finish her up by the
following Sunday.   I'll give you all progress reports at the end of
each day and drink  a pint for you.

( Lets see now 90 times eight ......yeah its going to be a good
week!!!!)

Bob Nogueira   " Have tin snips-Won't Travel "

-