Re: Side Curtains

To: RCooperman@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side Curtains
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 14:58:43 -0500
At 12:48 PM 1/1/97 -0500, RCooperman@aol.com wrote:

> As my first winter project of the year I have embarked on a
> restoration of my side curtains.  I have found plexiglass and the
> felt, but not the black material that covers the bottom half of
> the side curtain.  Anyone know of a source for this stuff??

Richard,

   On my car, the bottom of the side curtains is a piece of 1/8"
plywood with a black vinyl covering.  It was not padded except
around the outside edge (bottom) there was a piece of rubber
about 1/2" wide (I used closed cell foam for this) to "seal" to
the door.

> My next project is a more major renovation - the car body itself.
> I am collecting the necessary parts and need to find a source for
> the rubber moulding and colored piping used between the fenders
> (a/k/a wings) and the body.

The piping is usually black.  In most cases it was put on the car
before the car was painted.  Therefore, it is the color of the car.
The only problem with this is that the paint will quickly crack and
fall off.  Leaving the piping looking aughful.  I painted my car in
pieces then assemebled it.  Consiquently, the piping is black.

This is the same stuff used on the VW beetle.  In fact that, I
purchased the piping from a local VW shop for about $10 per roll,
enough to do the entire car.  The Morgan vendors have it but at a
much inflated price.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!