RE: Side Curtains

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Side Curtains
From: Simon J Orebi Gann <simonog@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 13:52:07 -0000
>The piping is usually black.  In most cases it was put on the car =
before the car was painted.  Therefore, it is the color of the car.  =
>The only problem with this is that the paint will quickly crack and =
fall off.  Leaving the piping looking aughful.  I painted my car in =
>pieces then assemebled it.  Consiquently, the piping is black.

I think you will find that the earlier cars were assembeld (including =
piping) and then painted, with the result that John Blair mentions.  =
Today's cars, however, (and that certainly predates my own 1989 +8) were =
painted in pieces and then assembled, giving an unpainted, and thus =
better quality, black piping.

Simon Orebi Gann
(UK owner/enthusiast/amateur novice racer etc!)