Re: Proper paint for wood framing

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Proper paint for wood framing
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <VandergT@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:37:57 -0500

>"Chuck,
>
>I just noticed on the internet that you have a 52 +4.  Is it a 2 seater or 4
>seater?
>
>I have been trying to compile a list of flat-rad owners.  Could you please
>send me your chassis number?  Address?
>
>All the best,
>
>Gerry"
>

>Reply:

Gerry,

The chassis number of my 1952 +4 is
P. 2473

The engine number is
V.345.ME

The car left the factory 1952 September 15.

It is a 2-seater.  I bought it used in State College, PA, from a VW
dealer.  The present colour is silver gray with a red undercarriage.
Seats are black, and the hood (top) used to black as well.

I visited the Morgan factory June 1995 and had them look up their
records to check the chassis number.  It agreed with what I had been
told before and Sam was kind enough to make a copy of the page in their
record book.

According to Morgan's records, the car was originally British Racing
Green.  Must have been rather Christmassy, if the undercarriage was red
at the time.

The car has been "laid up" while we were in the business of raising a
family, but that task is nearing the end, with our youngest now 16.

Hope this will do.

best regards

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4 P.2473