Re: A great Morgan purchase

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: A great Morgan purchase
From: Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 19:47:31 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> At 07:24 AM 9/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Will,
> >
> >Do you mean that your wife does not love MORGANs as much (or more) than you?
> >
> >If so, you should not have married her.
> >
> >Gerry
>
> good questions!  I do sincerely believe that she does love the mog, but I
> don't think she places ownership of a mog above some of the things that the
> proceeds from selling the mog could bring: like a big vacation, that sort
> of thing.  Besides, if she remarries, how could I assume she'd pick a
> fellow who is deserving of the mog (the 'eck with her!)  ;-)
>
> As to the second question: I married her before Mogs even entered MY life.
> I have to plead ignorance there and throw myself on the mercy of my fellow
> list members.  OTOH, its worked out well so far (the marriage, that is).
> The mog still has a steering box leak.
>
> Will

Will & Gerry,
        A shared obsession might seem like the ideal relationship, but you may
live longer with the counterbalance of a lovingly indulgent or patiently
understanding spouse. At least it keeps the competition for the Mog keys
on the saner side of a blood sport. And you can probably close both eyes
when you sleep. But WTH, If you've found a really good relationship AND
a really good car (by definition a Morgan, no?) you're too blessed (and
probably too busy) to be bitching.

        Sorry I can't remember who signs off, "My car isn't leaking, it's just
marking its territory." I'm glad I can still laugh at that. My extremely
territorial Mog sleeps in a tiny, crowded garage with a floor sporting
an increasingly Jackson Pollack-like design in monochromatic oils. My
incontinent beauty even leaks from places it doesn't (or shouldn't) HAVE
oil--for instance, isolated drips in line with the outside edge of the
right running board along the passenger side door. I'd prefer a more
accurate and specific indicator of the location of the lube points (I
once tried to lube the bleed valves on the rear brakes...).

        Is anyone interested in starting a PARTS/PIECES/STUFF list for
available items, e.g. shrunken tonneau (free), set of 4 lo-mileage
145x15 Kleber radials ($100 OBO)? I wish I had the time, but it took me
an hour to write this....

Michael Jhon (with the loving indulgence of the woman who lets me use
her computer and e-mail address:)
arlin@slip.net