RE: tieing together some threads

To: "'William Zehring'" <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: RE: tieing together some threads
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:17:19 -0400
Will,

>You wrote, commenting on Dave Stillinger's e-mail, "I'd appreciate hearing
>from other list members how long they've been into the marque.  Compared to
>David, I'm an upstart, having owned my 4/4 (aka the thinking man's mog) for a
>mere 3 years.  Can anyone out there top the 20 years David has been a
mog-o-phile?

No sweat, Will!  Bought my '52 +4 in December 1964 from a VW dealer in
State College, PA (home of the Penn State Nittany Lions [no, they don't
live with the VW dealer]).  That makes it almost 33 years which is
downright scary.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been running all those years
for the same reasons most of us have: kids and other family
responsibilities.

Maybe a better test would be to see who among us has operated his Morgan
continuously for the longest time.  We could define 'continuously' as
'having been licensed for road/track use continuously.  What do you
think?

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'85 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo