How I spent my summer

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: How I spent my summer
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 07:26:41 -0500
 I hope the lack of email traffic means the weather has gotten cooler and
everyone is out driving their cars.

My 4/4 is back together with a new transmission.  I had almost forgotten
what syncros were like.  We had the new transmission geared higher so the
car would go faster the 65 miles per hour.  As part of "how I spent my
summer" we repainted the engine from Ford blue to black.  I did take a
creative liberty and painted the valve cover silver.  The header is painted
with hi temp paint to mach the intake manifold.  Then as a parting touch I
added a chrome oil cap.

The only problem I have is at idle.  The car does not want to idle below
1500 rpm and will stall when you come to a stop.  I have played with the
speed and volume on the Weber carb, changed the manifold gasket at the
engine, and checked plug wires for a piston not firing.  I have been told it
was a vacuum problem an that is why I changed the gasket.  I should also say
that the car floods very easy and when I down shift the exhaust pops.  I
think it is running to rich, but would like another opinion.

Thanks for help.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 Competition
83 Mercedes 300SD