Re: Help for a neophyte

To: alsie@ulster.net
Subject: Re: Help for a neophyte
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:50:54 -0600
Al,
1. Depends on if you listen to a 4/4 or +4 owner, because if someone owns
both a 4/4 and a+4 that is an indecisive person.  If you are interested
in Morgans because you love to drive them and you enjoy high maintenance
and like to go out in the backyard at night, and whip yourself, either
type will do.  4/4's are more nimble, but are easier to maintain and find
parts for.  +4's are perhaps better touring cars with a clunkie gearbox
located at the end of a shaft held together with a muff coupling.  If you
have poor kidneys neither.
2. Eyeball, pocketknife, ice pick and/or wood density meter.  Actually
don't worry about it as woodworking is calming, and good buys are always
older, and no one is going to sell you their car unless something is
really radically wrong or they really need the money.  Besides if an
"investor" is selling it he probably had some mechanic who was unfamiliar
with Morgans anyway to work on it and then put paint job on it.  Get a
Band saw or find a woman who will give you one(either Morgan or Band
saw).
3.  Your wallet, the front sliding pillars and the policeman who does not
have either a sense of humor or an understanding of full reverse lock at
any corner.  A real working knowledge of Lucas can be of some service.
4. Yes.
And no Bob Nogueira, Matilda is not fixed but I did get a new solenoid
from Penny Bates today, and has anyone else besides Al gotten bored?  No
one has enough parts.
Chuck Harris
66 4/4