Re: +4 Transmissions

To: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: +4 Transmissions
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:29:57 +1000
 Wish I could find a readily available (read:cheap) 5-speed that
>would bolt up to my 1600 Crossflow.(I've heard that the Mustang/T-Bird
>5-speed from the 2300 engine doesn't bolt up easily) Anybody have any
>ideas?

A firm here in the land of Oz makes cast alloy bell housing which enable
you to bolt up a 5 speed Toyota Celica box to the Kent engine. The early
alloy cased boxes are a reasonable size and should be strong enough (the
steel cased boxes are much bigger and a popular choice behind rediculously
large V8s).

All the options for the +4 seem to involve bolting the gearbox directly to
the bell housing. Any suggestions for a centrally mounted alternative? This
would allow room for the handbrake.

Cheers

Steve Moore

Please Note new Phone and Fax numbers