Re: F2 questions

To: EPaul21988 <EPaul21988@aol.com>
Subject: Re: F2 questions
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:08:49 -0700
EPaul21988 wrote:

> Hello All;
>
> I brought F376 to my home garage this weekend, finally. Unfortunately on the
>end of a tow rope !

Hi Bob,
Welcome to Morgan three wheelers.  You will find that working on your F2
will require your aquaintance with automotive savvy as of the '20s and
'30s.  The operative word here is aquaintance.  The MTWC, which you have
had the good sense to join, has available a book on F-type operation and
maintenance.  It's called "The Morgan F-type Handbook".  I bought one
for my Hellertown, PA neighbor when he restored his F-type.  It answered
enough questions that he was able to carry on with just a little help
from others.  Another good reference is "The Book of the Morgan
Three-Wheeler"  by R.M. Clarke.

I agree with Fred S. that the best thing for the wiring is to replace
it.  You can do it yourself quite easily using modern automotive wire,
just pay attention to the current handled by each wire when you choose
the wire size, clean all the contacts, crimp and solder carefully, etc.
K. Hill lists wire sizes and current capacity in "Complete Morgan".

Three-wheeler parts are, of course, not easily available.  The MTWC has
a stock of parts which are not to be found elsewhere.  It's a volunteer
operation working with limited funds.  As soon as you have devised a way
to make a part not available otherwise, you should make it available for
the common good.

My JAP trike owes its operational condition to the MTWC 2-speeder
Technical Adviser, the MTWC JAP parts adviser, the North American GO and
many others in the MTWC.

You are lucky to be working on a modern Morgan with points ignition and
four cylinder Ford motor.  It's not much different from a Model A.  Any
seventy year old neighbor of yours can probably give advice on the
tuning and operation of the engine.

Be patient, tackle the problems one at a time and you will soon have the
most interesting vehicle in your part of the world.

Regards, Tony Souza