Re: Speedometer calibration

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedometer calibration
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:17:37 -0500
John Blair wrote:

>and chase it.  Instruct the driver of the late model car to signal you
>with 5 fingers and then a fist at 50 mph.  Then when you wave back at
>him, have him move up to 55.  Again signal you with 5 fingers flashed 2
>times.  Repeat this procedure for 60 - 1 finger held horizontally and a
>fist, and 65.

I can't help but wonder if this is an internationally recognized (except by
me) system of speed communication. If so, I'm dying to know more. How do
you communicate, say, 78 miles per hour?  How about 95? 150?... :-)

I, of course, can communicate the current speed of my car simply by
standing beside it and holding up a single fist clenching a spanner.

Cheers

Scott Barrie