Re: the twink

To: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@tempest.nac.net>
Subject: Re: the twink
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:03:37 +1000
We had a guy here with a letter from Peter Morgan saying the factory ran
twin cam cars in competition. This allowed the guy to enter his twin cam
Morgan as a factory standard car in race events.

When does a car become non-standard anyway? It's the old how long is a
piece of string problem. We have a plus 4 with a 6 cylinder Vanguard engine
running in Historic classes. The mod was done about 1960 and the car has an
extensive racing history. Similarly there is a V8 Daimler engined car again
with a racing history going back nearly 40 years. They are both Morgans as
far as I'm concerned.

Morgans are still a living Marque and are still used extensively in motor
sport. It is the nature of this sport to try and get the best out of the
cars. In fact in Morgan's case a lot of this activity feeds back to the
factory and modifications are incorporated into production cars. Peter
Morgan himself has acknowledged the importance of this. I believe Morgans
may in fact be looking at a V6 configuration for future models.

Steve Moore

>It ain't a Morgan anymore with that engine installed. it is a hybrid hotrod!
>The fastest Morgan must be 100% Morgan.
>Stu Ross (63 +4)

Please Note new Phone and Fax numbers

Dr. Stephen Moore
Group Leader - Livestock Improvement Program

CSIRO Tropical Agriculture
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre
Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories
University of Queensland