Re: muffler

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: muffler
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:18:39 -0800
I bought a complete exhaust system for my 4/4 including a header a few
years back from Morgan Spares.  As a matter of fact I opted to fit  a 1600
crossflow instead of a 1500 non-crossflow in my 59' 4/4 as there wasn't a
factory header available for the 1500. My only complaint is the tubing
diameter of the header is a bit small which limits the tuning potential of
my motor.  All the components are mild steel which I had Jet-Coated prior
to installation. The exhaust system still looks new and should, according
to the Jet-Coat people, last a long time. The entire Jet-Coat process cost
about $200.   Additionally, Jet-Coating  lowers the amount of heat given
off by the exhaust system.  You may be able to buy all the components in
stainless steel, but they will be expensive.   The car does sound pretty
good but can be a bit noisy when pushed hard.

John