One can only try...

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: One can only try...
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 17:25:45 -0500
You know I try not to be sexist - I really do. I like to give women the
benefit of the doubt when it comes to cars - especially old ones(cars not
women), I will always presume that they might know SOMETHING about them,
other than what color they are. Well, I was shot down again today -by my
wife no less! (I am a little surprised, because I have (or rather THOUGHT I
had) been teaching her a little about classic European cars and why they
fascinate me so much.
I broke the news to her today that I had sold the Austin Cooper 'S' and had
purchased a Morgan, "a Morgan" she replied, "Isn't that one of those little
wooden cars?"
I realized three things there and then, 1/ the futility of my task  2/ that
there was little point in continuing this particular conversation, and  3/
that she must not have been paying attention the day I  enlightened her on
how the first cars were assembled......
I can only hope to do a better job on the tuition front with my 5 years old
daughter.

Jeff