Re: one-shot lubrication

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: one-shot lubrication
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:24:54 -0400
At 11:34 AM 4/14/99 -0400, Chuck Vandergraaf wrote:
>I may have raised this question earlier but don't recall having received any
>response.  My '52 +4 ought to have the one-shot lubrication system to oil
>the front suspension.  I can't find it and suspect that the previous owner
>may have removed it.
>
>What does it look like?  Where can I find a drawing (I can't find any
>reference in Fred Sisson's book)?

Chuck, it is a large brass fitting on the front of the firewall, dead center.
It has 2 metal lines comming to it that look like break lines.  There is a
3rd line that is a flexible line.  So on the inside of the car, there will
be a brass knob at the firewall (on a 4/4 - it's right over the xmission
tunnel).  The 2 steel lines will go down each of the vallances to the top
of the king pin under the front wings.

Other than for authentisity, they really didn't work out.  I shouldn't say
that.  They do an excellent job of keeping the front wings and wire wheels
from rusting.  But as to their intended purpose of extending the live of the
king pins, it didn't really work.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi