Re: Another Question Regarding Spark Plugs

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Another Question Regarding Spark Plugs
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 08:25:14 -0400
Pre smog (you MUST remember those days) cleaning the plugs was a fairly common
part of a tune up, even if you didn't replace the plugs. I remember doing that
as part of tune ups in Charlottesville in the early 60's when I worked at Fred's
66. We also held a light up to the air cleaner to see how dirty is was and
vacuumed the cars for free. In a university town full of partying students, that
part was hell.

Chip Brown