Re: CAR & DRIVER

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CAR & DRIVER
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:56:39 -0500

>I just read it yesterday.  It's a pretty good article, except for the
>end of one section where, talking about the recently USA-approved
>models, Peter Morgan said (and I paraphrase), "We don't need the US.  It
>could go away tomorrow and we wouldn't notice it."

There are about six gazillion ways to shape someone's words to make them
say whatever you want them to say, so I wouldn't jump to any
conclusions..... That aside, given that production comes nowhere close to
keeping up with demand, you could very likely substitute the name of any
other country (or continent!!) in that sentence and it would mean the same
thing. Without having read the article, I would take from the above simply
that Morgan's production capacity is such that the loss of one market (any
market) would not really impact their bottom line.

>Nice, huh?  How does it make you feel, tried and true Morgan
>enthusiasts?  From my perch on the sidelines, it stings a bit.

However, if he did mean it the way you have taken it (which I doubt), given
the way North America has treated Morgan in the past, I could hardly blame
him if he did bear a little resentment.

Cheers

Scott Barrie
'63 Plus 4