Re: Car & Driver

To: LSelz@aol.com, lambroving@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Car & Driver
From: ARoman4047@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:39:16 EDT
Gentlepersons:
                      If the Car & Driver article is accurate, then it is
indeed unfortunate
that this "new" Morgan is the future of Malvern...This best/worst of high
tech com-
bined with nostalgic touches (an ash dash board cover for the air bag?),
seems to
be driven by outside forces- i.e. legislation compliance.
                     I'm still unfamiliar with Lawrence's track record- other
than what is
mentioned in the various Morgan "puff" books- Perhaps Greg Solow or someone
else is better informed? But the article implies that this partnership
between MMC
and Lawrence is perhaps more charity-driven than it should/could be.
                    The bottom line is that it is the Morgan family's
business and despite
all the PR about the "bespoke" relationship between owner and "the
works"...some-
one is driving a Ferrari paid for by consumers and would like to continue
driving it.
Carp about the changes, all you/we/I want...
                    As far as the safety regs go---remember the
self-immolating Pinto?
Tiger Paws in the rain? etc. There's a thin line here between responsibility
and
liability that's been exploited by both sides in any legislative discussion.
Ideally,
most of us want a good-looking/handling/easily serviced vehicle that turns
itself
into a survivable Volvo-type .5 seconds before the other idiot driver creams
us.
John Muir, lo these many years ago, came up with the ultimate safety feature-
Put the driver in front of the bumper and see if accident numbers go down...
Tony in NJ