Re: Car & Driver

To: toad@storm.ca
Subject: Re: Car & Driver
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 22:01:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 21:48:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, toad@storm.ca
writes:

(copying Lannis' rhetorical question)

<< Am I missing something here?    WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD I CHANGE MY
PRODUCT AROUND AND TAKE A RISK LIKE THAT UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS????  So there
can be a 6 year waiting list instead of 3? Wouldn't I have to be some kind of
an idiot?

 > Someone please explain this to me.
 >                                 Lannis

 And Toad answers:

<< Look inwardly to answer a rhetoric question such as the one you have
 just posed. >>

And Lannis replies:

I've no experience in contemplating my navel......Rather than my asking "What
is the sound of one hand clapping?", maybe I should state my mystification
more clearly.  I'm in manufacturing for a living, and I dream about having a
setup, a product, and a market like Morgan has.  Is there a valid business
reason why The Morgan Car Company would invent a huge marketing and
public-relations risk where none is apparently needed?  I can understand why
an individual person might go bungee-jumping or running the bulls at
Pamplona, but corporations do not normally act like that.  Does the R&T or
C&D article explain why?

                                        Lannis