Re: wood frame question

To: "re3@ix.netcom.com" <re3@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: wood frame question
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 99 18:36:32 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Rudy
Some will say stainless steel but SS is not as strong as mild steel . Brass
is too soft for the hard ash wood. You will end up breaking the screw  off
in the hole or will have to drill a hole so oversized to keep from breaking
the screw it won't hold . I used plated mild steel     with the
justification that if the screw got wet enough to rust it really wasn't
going to matter because the wood would be rotted and the sheet metal long
gone by that time .
The factory glued all the vertical joints but not the horizontal joints ( I
may have that backwards ) .I glued all my joints and have not seen any
problem as a result.
 Now get out there and screw around with that Morgan !!!
Bob Nogueira