Re: More fuel gauge

To: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Subject: Re: More fuel gauge
From: Jim Walters <bristol@coastnet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:52:34 -0700 (MST)
Chip, the later guage uses a voltage stabilizer through which the power lead
is routed before going to the guage. This not only lowers the voltage to the
guage to about 7.5 volts ( somewhere around there if I remember correctly)
but also makes an intermittent on-off-on-off power pulse every half second
or so. This on-off-on pulse is probably what makes the capacitance type
sender usable. These stabilizers are used on all TR's & MG's from 1968 on. Jim.