RE: US Gasoline Pricing

To: "'Vandergraaf, Chuck'" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: RE: US Gasoline Pricing
From: "Manfred Brown" <m-brown@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:41:28 +0100
Chuck,

I agree with most of what you say, although there are many who might argue
with your comment that public transport works in London.

I think a combination of your first two options are the way forward, the
second naturally leading to public transport. I suspect we will end up with
fuel cell or hybrid vehicles and save fossil fuels for chemical feedstocks
rather than burning them. I am also pro nuclear but it has a huge bad press
to get over. My usual arguments tend to be along the lines that looking
after a relatively small amount of nuclear waste is preferable to destroying
the forests of northern Europe with acid rain.

I see the soap box looming so will stop there.

Manfred.
+8, London, although writing from Kaohsiung, Taiwan, where the air pollution
is so bad that most days I can't see the mountain that's about 2 miles from
here.