Re: air cleaner

To: BristolBul@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air cleaner
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:52:09 EDT
Hate to go aginst the tide here- but I personaly would do anything I could to
install a good aircleaner. The gritty dust we have here in Atlanta (and my
house in Indiana was on a dirt road..) makes good grinding compound. Just
look at the pistons on your SU's or the build up on the backside of your
valves to see some of the junk your engine is injesting. Aircleaners are not
an accessory- they are part and parcel of modern engine design.
    I bought a  +4 with 70,000 miles on it with no aircleaners- ran "fine"
even though the inside was full of sludge and the valves were coked almost to
the point that it couldn't breath.. ran a whole lot "finer" when I rebuilt it
and kept it's innards clean.

Fred Sisson