RE: Feeling like Steve McQueen

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>,
Subject: RE: Feeling like Steve McQueen
From: John Karlsson <karlsson@edgenet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:55:12 -0400
At 10:41 PM 5/24/00 -0400, Vandergraaf, Chuck wrote:

>John,

>From what I recall when I owned a 1952 TD, that would have been quite

>feat, what with the steering wheel in place.  I don't recall there
being

>that much room between the steering wheel and the seat.

Maybe "jump" is an exaggeration that has developed with the telling and
retelling of the story.  I know I was <underline>never</underline> that
flexible.

>pulled the steering wheel off the steering column and handed it to her
with

That reminds me of a friend who had that experience while driving a Jeep
in Viet Nam.  He said he was driving down the road about 30 mph when the
steering wheel came off in his hands, so he handed it to the guy in the
passenger seat.

John Karlsson

Hope Valley, RI