RE: Dirt in the Petrol Tank

To: "BobTescione" <mogman@rpa.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dirt in the Petrol Tank
From: "carfindr" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:00:59 -0400
Bob,
I had a similar problem on my 58 +4. Yes you will have to pull the tank.
After you have drained it and dried it thoroughly (I used a hair dryer, and
just let it run on low for hours) Vacuum out all the loose rust and dust you
can, I fashioned a slightly curved piece of 3/4" copper tubing on the end of
my shop vac so I could suck more out. The get your self some tank etch and
sealer from Eastwood, follow the instructions and your problem will be
solved. The tank sealer is especially great. The whole process will take a
couple of weeks though, as you have to let things dry out thoroughly between
steps.

Good luck!

Jeff Webster
Buy Classic Cars from America!