Re: Dirt in the Petrol Tank

To: carfindr <carfindr@tiac.net>, bobtescione <mogman@rpa.net>,
Subject: Re: Dirt in the Petrol Tank
From: "Colin Cobb " <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:10:27 -0600
Hey Jeff,

Ah, yes, indeed, I have spent many hours trying to straighten theses messes
out. Perversely, the better the sealer starts out, the bigger the mess it
leaves when it ultimately fails. And, of course, I know of many others who
have experienced the same thing.

Sure, it costs more to replace a rotten tank and if ya can't do it, ya can't
do it. If you MUST use a sealer, use it.

Just budget your time and money 'cause you will have the problem again.

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe, '65 Sunbeam Tiger, '66 Morgan Plus Four, '89 Alfa Romeo
Spider