RE: Dirt in the Petrol tank

To: morgans <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dirt in the Petrol tank
From: "Montilla, Arthur Neil (Neil)" <anm1@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 01:11:08 -0600
15 years ago I went through the contaminated (rust) gas tank problem.  Tried
1. Chain in the tank
2. Pressure cleaner
3. Multiple draining out, flushing, drying, etc
4. Big diesel filters
5. Coating the tank
Finally gave up.  Took out the old tank (again).  Went to a welder who made
containers, counters, etc. for industrial kitchens and had him make one up
in stainless steel.  No problems since.  Cost less than a new tank from
Morgan.  Neil 62 4/4