Re: Transporting a Morgan...

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>,
Subject: Re: Transporting a Morgan...
From: Charles Hill <candahill@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 22:00:00 -0500
My suggestion would be to go ahead and drive it.  Of course, do a good
safety check before starting the trip.

I bought a 1960 +4 in San Antonio, TX and drove it back home to Kansas City
back in the '70s.  I doubt if I would attempt such a trip in such a worn-out
car today.  The biggest problem at the time was a leaking radiator.  Had to
stop every few hundred miles and add water.  As I later discovered, the car
also had a couple of other potentially terminal problems.  The frame was
cracked and 'fixed' with bolted on pieces of angle iron.  The distributor
was so worn that an accurate timing setting was impossible.  Anyway, we made
it.  The worst - or best now that I am looking back on it was that my ex got
totally roasted riding in an open Morgan thru Texas, Oklahoma & Kansas in
July wearing shorts & halter.

Probably wouldn't do anything like that today.  Am I getting to be too
Republican?  Nope - just older and smarter & know more things to check.
Don't have that wife or the Morgan.  Now have a different wife & an MG TC.
BTW,  current wife is also much smarter.  Will not ride in TC except for
short rides in the most clement of weather on smooth roads.

Regards,
Charles Hill