Re: [oletrucks] book about suburban carryalls

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] book about suburban carryalls
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:17:37 +0000
I have been thinking about whether it should be a restoration type
resource or a historical/model by model comprehensive resource.

I guess the two could be blended although it would make it a pretty
thick book and would take longer to finish - sounds fun one way or
another.

I wish I could search for and rebuild classics and research them for
a job.

I also love the big trucks - 1.5 ton + and there is nothing on them
either.  If GM were in a nice locality, like Hawaii, I would move
there for a year and organize their archives.  The head archivist
told me that noone there knows about big trucks or subs from
30s-50s/60s.  Not that I know that much but I can research like a
madman.  And I own and love them.  I have this 57 2 ton flatbed that
I have been "restoring" for 8 years (hey, it runs) and it is a tuff
truck.  I would love to paint it forest green with the white grill,
nameplates, wheels, etc.  Hell - I don't know what's stopping me -
there's only a cab to it.

Late