Re: [oletrucks] book about suburban carryalls

To: <varanus@mail.phoenix.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] book about suburban carryalls
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:01:13 -0500
Eric, I fully support your idea of writing a book about Suburbans.  I
believe the information in the book would reach people far beyond old truck
owners.  As I'm sure you've noticed, there are MANY Suburbans on the road
right now and they are one of the most popular 4WD vehicles ever produced.
I believe many of the current "new" Suburban owners would be fascinated with
the history and pictures of the early versions.  For example, I went to get
a haircut today and my barber was talking about 4WDs and mentioned how many
Suburbans there are on the road.  He was fascinated when I told him that
this vehicle was first produced in the '30s.  (Wasn't 1939 the first year??)
He doesn't even own one, but was very interested in the history.  In short,
my vote would be full speed ahead with the book.  I admire you for your
enthusiasm and wish you the very best of luck.  Every good book has to start
with somebody who believes it just has to be written.  No one better than
you.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100